Tensile Testing Services can offer pipe chlorination and disinfection systems which ensure that the water supply is free of harmful pathogens.
The chlorination process involves:
- The pre-flushing and/or swabbing of the pipe
- Sterilisation of the system by introducing a chlorine solution into the system for a period of time
- De-Chlorination of the system after a period of time (Minimum 24 hour Contact Time)
- Final Flushing with potable water, until the chlorine residual measurement drops to that prevailing in the distribution system
- Samples are also taken and tested for Bacteria by an accredited laboratory to ensure the disinfection has been successful
- Lab Results take 2 to 3 days and if clear the green light is given for the mains to be Commissioned.